I'm taking a break from art history homework to post a random picture of my bookshelf. I think you can tell a lot about a person by just looking at what kind of books they own...take a look...can you find the sand lizard?I didn't post the halloween pictures because, frankly, they were embarassing (to me!) I hadn't upgraded my costume from skirt to shorts, so it looked rather funky. Suppose I could dress up again and shoot a photo...haha... And also, they're on a different camera than mine. Excuses excuses.
Well, enjoy the rest of the weekend.
There's my Dunlop 65 guitar polish!
ReplyDeleteI always wondered where that went.
heeeey I have 4 of the same books!! I look at the Finding Nemo and Incredibles book so often! ooo, good choices :D
ReplyDeleteI think you should still post up the Halloween pics, mine are really emberassing too. If you post yours I'll post mine - a blogger bet.
Like you and Paul, I have some of those titles myself. The bookshelf in my home office is busting at the seams especially after Comic-Con this year.
ReplyDeleteIf you don't already own it, another great animation title is Richard Williams' "The Animator's Survival Kit". It's the closest thing to whittling down the animation course into a book. Lots of practical and useful stuff in there.
You have many years of collecting ahead of you so may you fill many bookshelves.
Oh yeah, I used to use that Dunlop 65 myself for my guitars.. now I just use Orange Glo!
ReplyDeleteohhhh I like your books! I need to buy more books. There are still a lot that I wish to own. I've mostly been getting them out from the library and still need to read the Robert McKee book. The only animation-y books I own are: The Animator's Survival Kit, Art of The Lion King, Art of Howl's Moving Castle, Art of Nausicaa, and Art of Spirited Away... that's why we need to go to comic con next summer! :)
ReplyDeleteAlso-I wish to see your halloween pics! :D
ReplyDeleteDad-woops...sorry! Things kind of blend into my room and I forget they're there...You can have it back!
ReplyDeletePaul- Yeah, looking through the Nemo book for the first time was like discovering buried treasure! Very inspiring stuff.
And I may just take you up on that bet!
Louie- So Orange glo works too? Ha ha.. I have heard of the Animator's Survival Kit as well, and it's HUGE! Maybe someday I'll get that one, but first I need to make another bookshelf...
Cindey- If we can make it work, Comic Con would be awesome. I think we'll be gone for the first three weeks of June though, so hopefully it will be in July. And yet another vote for Halloween pics! Un oh!
July... we should all meet on something like July 8th... it'll be exactly a year since that first day. SNIFF SNIFF. I need to move on with my life. haha
ReplyDeleteSpeaking of books, surely you haven't forgotten about The Illusion of Life!
Crayons- I wonder when alumni day is? I looked on the CSSSA website but to no avail. We'd have to synchronize our alumni trip and the comic con days too... Comic con is July 26th through 29th; that sounds like just about when the last alumni day was, huh?
ReplyDelete