Wednesday, July 02, 2008

waAAAAlll-eeee


For the past several years I've been pretty good. I mean, geek wise. Incredibles was fantastic. Cars was fun, and Ratatouille blew my fancy French socks off. But Wall-E has taken whatever geeky self censorship I had left, and I find myself again that uncontrollably geeked-out 14-year-old sophomore I was when I first saw Finding Nemo. I realized this as I went to pick up my specially-ordered Wall-E soundtrack wearing my I Heart Wall-E t-shirt today...I'm ashamed for being such a consumerist... But of all the movies trying to capture my heart, I willingly give it to this one. It doesn't need to ask twice. It's darker, deeper, and has more lovable characters to me than any movie I've seen in a very long time. I sort of forgot I was watching animation, actually... I heard they had live-action cinematographers work on the film, and it really comes though in every shot. What a world they've invented. I want to go back so badly. Maybe I'll visit that wondrous world again tomorrow...

5 comments:

  1. Well, I for one, love your geeky UN-censored self!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I really want to watch Wall-E!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so envious ! Wall-E doesn't come to Tokyo till December !

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was an amazing film. Great Wall-E sketch!!!

    ReplyDelete