I spent my break mostly at home (getting spoiled with fancy home goodness and kitties to play with), but a couple times I was able to venture down to San Francisco for some fun. The first week I was back we got to go down too the Totoro Forest Project second gallery opening at the Cartoon Art Museum. What an opening! It was a cold, windy night in SF but inside the gallery it was bright, warm, and pretty crowded. I got to see most of the artwork from the book- all of it was fantastic and I was ready to snatch a few up if only I had had money to buy them! It was great to see familiar faces there and meet a few new ones. Plus on our way there and back we got to ride the ferry, which I'm sure I've said before but it's one of my favorite things ever!
Below is a painting Miyazaki donated to the TFP show:
I got back to school several days before classes actually began, so my friends and I lived up the life as much as we could, knowing that we wouldn't be able to much longer. We walked through parks and down to the mall, ate out, did a SketchCrawl, had a tea party, and a drinking party (cider, silly!), watched movies, opened presents...pretty much any fun thing you can think of. Now we're all signed up for classes and it's time to crack down on our films!!
Below is a snapshot from our most recent tea party. Left to right: Carlos, Mayumi, Natalie, Tahnee and Ellen.
Here's my second semester schedule:
Monday (every other week)-perspective
Tuesday- digital production and traditional animation
Wednesday-origins of animal behavior and story development
Thursday- life drawing and computer animation
Saturday- animal drawing at the LA zoo
I'll be taking more pictures soon to post up. There's a character animation gallery now up in the main building, and it's looking fantastic. Gotta take some pictures of that.
Oh, hurrah! So you finially DID decide to take that animal drawing class! Awesome, I bet that will be fun! And it's so nice that you have all of those awesome gallery opening stuffs to go to over yonder in Californiaville.
ReplyDeleteI bet the character animation show is gonna be awesome. Do you have a spot in it?
That sketch emits an awesome aura of cuteness! It must have been great to see Totoro.
ReplyDelete